Two children in Lanarkshire suffer from E.coli O1579th December 2013
The Herald newspaper in Scotland reported in an article on Friday 6th December 2013 edition that two children both under 5 years old, had become infected with the bacterium E.coli 0157.
One child was receiving hosiptal treatment and the second had recovered.
NHS Lanarkshire is currently investigating this outbreak, along with North Lanarkshire Council and Health Protection Scotland.
Possible sources include a park in Kilsyth where both these children visited prior to their illness.
NHS Lanarkshire has written to local GPs to make them aware of these cases. Our charity would advise anyone with the following symptoms including diarrhoea [often bloody] stomach cramps and fever to seek medical help.
The charity would wish to see the authorities find the source of this outbreak in order to prevent cases in the future from the same or similar sources.
1 of 46
A recent news article in the Environmental Health News indicates the concerns the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) have over UK food safety being at risk, due to lack of staff. Food safety allocated posts supporte... ...read on
On the 29th December 2023 the FSA stated on their website “Chiltern Artisan recalls Chilli Sticks because of contamination with E. Coli. Chiltern Artisan has taken the precautionary step of recalling Chiltern Artisan Chilli Sticks because E. Coli has been fo... ...read on
Amy Douglas, Incident Director for Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Safety Division at UKHSA, said: "There have been at least 30 confirmed cases of this specific outbreak strain of STEC in the UK." - Link below. ... ...read on
The recall for Route des Terroirs is recalling Morbier Maison Monts & Terroirs Chalet De Vevy Raw Cows’ Milk Cheese because Shiga toxin-producing E.coli has been found in some batches of this product. This recall was announced today 25/12/2023. ... ...read on
Information Rights Team ... ...read on
1 of 46