E.coli O157 & Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome

Water contaminated for second time at Welsh holiday park

5th October 2012

Council chiefs say E.coli has been found in the water at an Aberdyfi holiday park for the second time in around 12 months.

In May last year, residents and holidaymakers at Plas Panteidal were unable to use the water for drinking, cooking, cleaning their teeth or making baby food or ice for four months after a routine investigation revealed it was contaminated with E.coli.

A concerned resident who did not wish to be named said that a holidaymaker took a sample of water to be tested. He said: "Once again the residents and holidaymakers at Plas Panteidal holiday village, Aberdyfi have found themselves at peril with unsafe drinking water supply, despite being assured by the land-owner Philip Muddiman that he has completed extensive work to upgrade the water system to comply with the required standards."

He added: "Letters have been sent from the council to chalet owners, but some properties are rented so the letter will go to the landlord, and some are holiday chalets. To have E.coli in the water twice in 12 months is so bad. It doesn’t look good on Aberdyfi."

1 of 46
Next > Last >>

1st February 2024

A recent news article in the Environmental Health News indicates the concerns the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) have over UK food safety being at risk, due to lack of staff. Food safety allocated posts supporte... on
2nd January 2024

On the 29th December 2023 the FSA stated on their website “Chiltern Artisan recalls Chilli Sticks because of contamination with E. Coli. Chiltern Artisan has taken the precautionary step of recalling Chiltern Artisan Chilli Sticks because E. Coli has been fo... on
28th December 2023

Amy Douglas, Incident Director for Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Safety Division at UKHSA, said: "There have been at least 30 confirmed cases of this specific outbreak strain of STEC in the UK." - Link below. ... on
25th December 2023

The recall for Route des Terroirs is recalling Morbier Maison Monts & Terroirs Chalet De Vevy Raw Cows’ Milk Cheese because Shiga toxin-producing E.coli has been found in some batches of this product. This recall was announced today 25/12/2023. ... on
6th December 2023

Information Rights Team ... on
1 of 46
Next > Last >>

Designed by Robert Woods. View our Cookie & Privacy Policy