Tragedy in Ayrshire21st August 2012
An 8 year-old girl has died at Glasgow’s Royal Hospital for Sick Children after contracting an Ecoli O157 at the end of July. She was initially treated in a hospital near her home and released when her condition seemingly improved. However, doctors were baffled when her blood count plummeted shortly afterwards and she was rushed to hospital at Yorkhill.
It is not believed the case was part of a wider outbreak and an investigation is underway as to the exact source of the infection. It is possible she may have contracted it in the U.S. as she had recently visited her father, who lives in Texas.
1 of 46
A recent news article in the Environmental Health News indicates the concerns the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) have over UK food safety being at risk, due to lack of staff. Food safety allocated posts supporte... ...read on
On the 29th December 2023 the FSA stated on their website “Chiltern Artisan recalls Chilli Sticks because of contamination with E. Coli. Chiltern Artisan has taken the precautionary step of recalling Chiltern Artisan Chilli Sticks because E. Coli has been fo... ...read on
Amy Douglas, Incident Director for Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Safety Division at UKHSA, said: "There have been at least 30 confirmed cases of this specific outbreak strain of STEC in the UK." - Link below. ... ...read on
The recall for Route des Terroirs is recalling Morbier Maison Monts & Terroirs Chalet De Vevy Raw Cows’ Milk Cheese because Shiga toxin-producing E.coli has been found in some batches of this product. This recall was announced today 25/12/2023. ... ...read on
Information Rights Team ... ...read on
1 of 46