ecoli-uk.com

E.coli O157 & Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome


Tragedy in Ayrshire

21st August 2012

An 8 year-old girl has died at Glasgow’s Royal Hospital for Sick Children after contracting an Ecoli O157 at the end of July. She was initially treated in a hospital near her home and released when her condition seemingly improved. However, doctors were baffled when her blood count plummeted shortly afterwards and she was rushed to hospital at Yorkhill.

It is not believed the case was part of a wider outbreak and an investigation is underway as to the exact source of the infection. It is possible she may have contracted it in the U.S. as she had recently visited her father, who lives in Texas.




Page
1 of 47
Next > Last >>

21st June 2024

According to an update yesterday the 20th June 2024 from the  UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) ,the number of confirmed ... ...read on
14th June 2024

Two suppliers of Supermarket sandwiches and wraps recall products as a precaution after E.coli O145 (Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli often referred to as ... ...read on
6th June 2024

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has advised of a large outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) O145, that currently appears to be spreading across the UK. This follow... ...read on
19th April 2024

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) data released yesterday 18/04/2024 for 2021 shows Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) ... ...read on
11th March 2024

According to an Article in the Guardian newspaper on Wednesday 6th March 2024 people in England are facing food poisoning ‘Russian roulette’ as... ...read on
Page
1 of 47
Next > Last >>

Designed by Robert Woods. View our Cookie & Privacy Policy