New Director for HUSH11th May 2010
HUSH was delighted to appoint Marilyn Chapman from Poulton-le-Fylde as a director of the charity at the recent AGM.
Marilyn made contact with HUSH in 2002 when her daughter, Amy (then 27 years of age), was fighting for her life in the Royal Preston Hospital. As a result of E.coli O157 Amy had developed HUS (Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome) and was experiencing acute kidney failure, lung deterioration, fluid around her heart and, most frightening of all for her family, the toxins had reached her brain causing her to have epileptic fits.
Doctors gave Amy a one in four chance of survival and the family were told that should she beat the odds and pull through, her kidneys were unlikely to work again and there was every chance she would be brain damaged.
We're delighted that Amy not only pulled through, but has made a miraculous recovery and is back working with young children - a job she loves - and is making up for lost time by jetting off every time school holidays permit.
Since Amy's recovery, the whole family have been active in the work of HUSH, with Marilyn designing and promoting the safe BBQ posters now distributed by the charity.
1 of 46
A recent news article in the Environmental Health News indicates the concerns the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) have over UK food safety being at risk, due to lack of staff. Food safety allocated posts supporte... ...read on
On the 29th December 2023 the FSA stated on their website “Chiltern Artisan recalls Chilli Sticks because of contamination with E. Coli. Chiltern Artisan has taken the precautionary step of recalling Chiltern Artisan Chilli Sticks because E. Coli has been fo... ...read on
Amy Douglas, Incident Director for Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Safety Division at UKHSA, said: "There have been at least 30 confirmed cases of this specific outbreak strain of STEC in the UK." - Link below. ... ...read on
The recall for Route des Terroirs is recalling Morbier Maison Monts & Terroirs Chalet De Vevy Raw Cows’ Milk Cheese because Shiga toxin-producing E.coli has been found in some batches of this product. This recall was announced today 25/12/2023. ... ...read on
Information Rights Team ... ...read on
1 of 46